Ah. Hey! So I was nominated for this by Khushi and Kunjal aka the Duo Disseminators who are also the creators. Either way, I looked at this and I immediately knew it would be fun. So it said there can be up to two entries so I am making two cause there are so many diff things about December, so many diff ways to look at it. Cold and sad, happy and cheerful, so many. Also mysterious, but I couldn’t portray that in a poem, even though I tried.
- Design a post of your own and link back to the original post to notify the creator. Unnotified posts will not be judged.
- Paste the rules of this contest on your post if you have a blog. If not, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your entry!
- Tag this post as December- Vibes- Poetry
- Last date of submission is 10 January.
- Word limit ranges to 200 words.
- Add the logo of this post that is:
- Inappropriate content shall be disqualified
- You can send no more than 2 entries.
- Nominate at least 5 people to participate in this contest.
- Thee last date for submission is ***
One: Warmth Of Love
Cold air dances and leaps around,
Snowflakes place themselves on the ground,
Smiles fill the air with joy and glee,
The warmth of love swims free,
The cold whispers and so does the frost,
But within the smiles, it’s lost.
Trees, green and happy, fill the whole place,
The greenery dancing around with grace,
Happiness leaps about, hiding everywhere,
The scent of cinnamon and ginger filling the air.
The cold shivers, colder than ever,
People cough and catch sickly fevers.
But the cold melts away by the warmth of love,
As happiness dances around like a wild dove.
And however cold it might be,
The smiles murder the frost as they dance free!
Two: What do you see?
An icy cold, gloomy and forlorn night,
That lacks happiness and light.
Or a shining and glamourous morning,
Where the joy creeps up without warning?
What is December to you?
Is it a yellow glee or a sadness, blue?
Does the cold creep up sneakily,
Are your eyes droopy and tears a sea?
Or are you dancing in the Christmas lights,
Having parties and enjoying the nights?
Is December full of happiness, love and glee?
Or is it full of sadness and curse that nobody sees?
It all matters on how you look at it,
Do you see the starry lights, how the place is lit,
Or do you see the cold gloominess there might be?
The only thing that matters, is what you see!
That’s all! I changed my mind on not putting what do you see for the contest, lol! Anyways. Nominations…